Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Book Review: The Birth House by Ami McKay

I recently finished reading The Birth House by Ami McKay which my chiropractor's office graciously lended to me (thank you Dr. Kim @ Two Rivers Chiropractic!).

It took me almost half way into the book to really get 'into it' but once I did, I was hooked.  This book is set in the early 1900 in eastern Canada (Nova Scotia) and modern medicine is trying to make inroads into the work of the midwives.  I think what was bothering me at first was how disrespected the midwives were back then.  But...have no fear...alls well that ends well!  Many things happen in the book to keep you interested and I was really satisfied with the ending.  I also really enjoyed the style of writing for this first time author.  I would like to read more of her books.

Please go out and get your copy of The Birth House, you won't regret it!


3 comments:

  1. I read it a few years back and loved it! Have you read "the Girls" by Lori Lansen yet, a story about conjoined twins. I highly recommended it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this several years ago and loved it....read it again a few years later and loved it all over again. It's a fabulous book.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book a few years ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete